Yet another successful MRM Facilitator training event carried out. This time in Manila. A big thank you to our participants from Grieg Philippines Inc., MSI Ship Management Pte. Ltd., PSA Marine (Pte) Ltd and ZRC Training Center Phils., Inc. A special thanks to Grieg Philippines Inc. for being an excellent host for our event!
Category Archives: Train the trainer
Thanks everyone who attended the MRM Facilitator seminar at Waterstones Hotel and Club in Mumbai on 28 February! Very good discussions and too little time. We’ll have to come back to India soon again.
Participating companies were:
- Global Maritime Training Centre
- Goodwood Ship Management Pte. Ltd.
- MSI Shipping Services India Pvt Ltd.
- Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies
- Scorpio Marine Management India
- Seaspan Crew Management Ltd.
ALL Academy wishes to thank all participants and the host, Columbia Shipmanagement (CSM), for a very good MRM Facilitator training event in Limassol on 17 January 2017. Eight of the participants came from Columbia Shipmanagement, three from Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement MTC and one from Marlow Navigation. Countries represented at the event were Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Georgia, Latvia, Romania, Russia, Sweden, Tunisia and Ukraine. Below are photos from the event. (Photo credit: Natalie Sey, CSM)
Next MRM Train the Trainer events will take place in important seafarer locations – Mumbai and Manila. On Tuesday February 28th we will meet in Mumbai and two days later, on Thursday March 2nd, we will gather in Manila. Many thanks to Grieg Philippines Inc for being the host in Manila.
More information and registration forms are found here.
ALL Academy is pleased to announce the launch of MRM Facilitator Training Online. This is an additional service to complement our regular MRM Train the Trainer events held at various locations worldwide. The online training will be particularly useful to MRM Facilitator candidates when dates and locations of regular events are not suitable or when in urgent need of training. Please click here for more information and registration.
The latest MRM train the trainer was rolled out in Hamburg, Germany on 20 September 2016. A total of 20 participants attended the event which was held at The MADISON Hotel Hamburg. The group was composed mostly of prospective MRM facilitators but there were also certified facilitators who joined the training as a refresher course.
The following are the participants:
- Thomasz Brancewicz – BRISE Bereederungs GmbH & Co. KG
- Krystian Grzybowski – BRISE Bereederungs GmbH & Co. KG
- Claas-Heye Diekmann – BRISE Bereederungs GmbH & Co. KG
- Marcin Jablonski – BRISE Bereederungs GmbH & Co. KG
- Piotr Konstanty – BRISE Bereederungs GmbH & Co. KG
- Stefan Lindberg – BRISE Bereederungs GmbH & Co. KG
- Phillip Ottersbach – BRISE Bereederungs GmbH & Co. KG
- Marc Schmidt – BRISE Bereederungs GmbH & Co. KG
- Kudaibergen Kassymov – BUE Kazakhstan Ltd
- Elvin Majidov – BUE Caspian Ltd
- Khadija Mammadova – BUE Caspian Ltd
- Vladimir Mustafayev – BUE Caspian Ltd
- Sofie Van Britsom – CVO Antwerpen
- Nathalie Vanbesien-Schiltz – De Ruyter Trainer & Consultancy BV
- Larysa Spiewok – DS Schiffahrt GmbH & Co. KG
- Joe Carr – EuroShip Services Ltd.
- Peter Hutchison – EuroShip Services Ltd.
- Norbert Büttner – Reederei NSB
- Torsten Iborg – Reederei NSB
- Evert Maandag – Vroon BV
ALL Academy jump-started the second half of 2016 with an MRM train the trainer event in Turku, Finland on 9 August 2016 just after the summer break. The event was hosted by Aboa Mare Academy and Training Centre, one of our training providers based in Finland with a total of 16 participants taking part in the training. The group was composed of certified MRM facilitators who are taking the course as a refresher and we also had prospective MRM facilitators who are now certified after the event. It was also a kick-off event for the Aboa Mare lecturers to get ideas on how they can move forward with their course development.
Overall, the train the trainer event provided a venue for healthy discussions and an inspiring training atmosphere for the participants.
Several MRM training courses are planned in the coming months, including the upcoming events at Hamburg in September and at Subic Bay in October. For more information and registration details, please visit here.
Here is the list of the participants in Turku:
- Jorma Koponen ABB Marine and Ports
- Peter Björkroth Aboa Mare Academy and Training Centre
- Mats Enberg Aboa Mare Academy and Training Centre
- Bertel Henriksson Aboa Mare Academy and Training Centre
- Ahti Hyppönen Aboa Mare Academy and Training Centre
- Tony Karlsson Aboa Mare Academy and Training Centre
- Esa Lapela Aboa Mare Academy and Training Centre
- Bo Lindroos Aboa Mare Academy and Training Centre
- Lasse Lusto Aboa Mare Academy and Training Centre
- Petteri Niittymäki Aboa Mare Academy and Training Centre
- Robert Stolpe Aboa Mare Academy and Training Centre
- Timo Virtanen Aboa Mare Academy and Training Centre
- Micael Vuorio Aboa Mare Academy and Training Centre
- Anton Westerlund Aboa Mare Academy and Training Centre
- Ossi Westilä Aboa Mare Academy and Training Centre
- Magnus Winberg Aboa Mare Academy and Training Centre
With the summer holidays already fast approaching, another MRM Train the Trainer event was successfully conducted in Gothenburg. The event took place at The Swedish Club Academy on 31 May 2016 with a good mix of representatives coming from maritime academies and a ship management company. Everyone actively participated during the discussions and the sharing of experiences by the facilitators was highly appreciated. This is so far the 11th MRM event that ALL Academy has conducted during the first half of 2016. More events in Europe are already scheduled in the coming months.
Here is the list of the participants:
- Thomas Brancewicz – BRISE Bereederung GmbH &Co. KG, Germany
- Kai-Erik Clemmesen – BRISE Bereederung GmbH &Co. KG, Germany
- Karl Ydén – Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Gerrit Tuschling – Hochschule Wismar, Germany
- Vishwanath Pratap Singh – Pondicherry Maritime Academy, India
- Helene Jensen Brandal – RS Rescue Academy, Norway
- Tormod Nordeng – RS Rescue Academy, Norway
- Terje Prytz – RS Rescue Academy, Norway
The upcoming events in Gothenburg and in Turku have now been published on our events page. Those of you who are interested to be an MRM Facilitator (from current Training Providers or even from Institutions who want to join the MRM network), you are cordially invited to attend the Train the Trainer events.
Please click on the following links to register:
- Gothenburg, Sweden, 31 May 2016 (Train the Trainer)
- Turku, Finland, 9 August 2016 (Train the Trainer)
We hope to see you there!
A week after the successful MRM event in Marseille, Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BSM) Maritime Training Centre in Limassol opened its doors to host another MRM train the trainer course on 21 March 2016 where a total of 13 participants attended the said event. During the course, the participants raised vital issues related to MRM and exchanged ideas on how to apply the concepts effectively in order to achieve established safety goals. BSM has been supporting the MRM programme for the past few years with its training centres worldwide conducting MRM training courses to its seafarers.
ALL Academy is grateful for BSM’s continued support to the MRM programme!
Here are the participants:
- Theocharis Antoniou – BSM Maritime Training Centre
- Vasia Ioannou – BSM Maritime Training Centre
- Vasileios Koutsis – BSM Maritime Training Centre
- Marios Kyriacou – BSM Maritime Training Centre
- Ionut Manea – BSM Maritime Training Centre
- Valentins Rakutins – BSM Maritime Training Centre
- Elena Socratous – BSM Maritime Training Centre
- Anna Tsangaridou – BSM Maritime Training Centre
- Lasha Mamardashvili – Columbia Shipmanagement Ltd.
- Valentin Mavrinac – Cyprus Institute of Marketing
- Tony Loizou – Maestro Shipmanagement Ltd.
- Gordon Weaver – Maestro Shipmanagement Ltd.
- Zbigniew Wenda – Maestro Shipmanagement Ltd.